Thursday, April 14, 2011

"My own heart has a tendency to clutch physical, emotional, and mental objects and lug them around with me. As a result, my freedom to live in the Spirit gets tangled up. Can you relate? Could it be that our greatest barriers to freedom are our own heart addictions - the synthetic elements that substitute God? Our possessions, heart addictions, and our compulsive needs can enslave us - or they can be released forever, setting us free to truly live in the freedom of the Spirit."

- PR

3 comments:

Jamie said...

Whoa. I'm afraid of what I'll find when I pray about this....

arun kumar said...

Good one.

Unknown said...

Yes... I can relate. I fear this is one thing the whole human race has in common.... idols... always trying to replace God or be in control. I have to remind myself often to surrender. It's is a daily challenge.