Thursday, September 4, 2008

And He said unto them, This kind can come forth by nothing, but by PRAYER AND FASTING." - Mark 9:29 (kjv)

This verse has been on my heart all week. Also, God led me to 2 Chronicles 20 a few days ago. If you haven't read this specific chapter before, I highly encourage you to. It's so powerful! I won't go into major details, but here's a few observations.

When Jehoshaphat and his people were told that a great army was coming up against them, he did 3 things - in this order:

1. declared a FAST
2. cried out to God
3. Praised God

So saints of God, now more than ever, we need not only your prayers.. but your fasting too. I want to declare a fast, just like Joel did, for this coming Monday, Sept. 8th.

While at the hospital today, we met with a fellow oncologist (Cody's doc is out of town). He sent Cody down for a chest x-ray to see why he's having so many problems breathing. About half an hour later, a nurse came to get us and took us to a private room. I had this horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach but wasn't sure why.

Basically the doctor informed us that there is nothing else they can do for Cody. The bone marrow biopsy came back showing that there is in fact disease in his marrow. And there are 2 pretty large tumors on Cody's left lung, which is why he's having shortness of breath and wheezing. They cannot give Cody anymore chemo, because of his marrow. Also a bone marrow transplant is out of the question. The doctor offered to refer to hospice care, but we declined atleast until we can get our heads together and PRAY!

As you can see, we need a miracle! We are not declaring defeat, but this is the reality that we are facing. We know God can turn this thing around at any moment, so we are trusting Him and Him alone! He parted the Red Sea, for cryin' outloud :)

We are doing amazingly well, by God's incredible grace. I do not believe this is unto death, but we do have a huge battle on our hands. So we covet your prayers and fasting... please just do whatever God tells you. So many of you have been standing with us during this whole time and we are so so so thankful! Please continue to stand.

8 comments:

Tommy and Sandra Boone said...

"May the God of Hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him so that you may over flow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." Romans 15:13

Amy and Cody, I will be praying scriptures for you tonight and all weekend. Our Hope is in the Lord and we will not give in to defeat. I still expect a miracle and am waiting to witness what God is going to do in your body.

I love you, Cody Boone and consider it great job to be on this journey with you. We are your "prayer warriors" and are following you as long as you need us to. Amy, you are heavy on my heart because I know you have done everything to try and "fix Cody" both practically and through prayer and anointing. Maybe it is time to sit back and "wait upon the Lord". I love you, girl friend.

Mama Boone

Drew said...

Are you two coming home?

Ouida said...

I am at a loss for words right now. But know that I will join you on Monday as we fast. I will never forget when I received the same message when I had an uphill battle dealing with Forgiveness.

It took three days of fasting and praying to begin the ascent of the battle. But there was victory.

I shall pray the same for you....and I'm right here should you need me.

Nana Weed

JeanneBee said...

I love you guys! I am figthing with you. The doctors couldn't help the women with the issue of blood either, but Jesus did. Just a reminder of the dream I had... Never lose hope. Never, never lose hope. Never, never, never lose hope. Always remember truth is Jesus. Not what we see, feel, hear or think..... I woke up hearing a Tom Petty song in my head this morning and I know the Lord was speaking to me in it and it goes like this....

Well, I wont back down, no I wont back down
You can stand me up at the gates of hell
But I wont back down

Gonna stand my ground, wont be turned around
And Ill keep this world from draggin me down
Gonna stand my ground and I wont back down....
Not because we are stong but the same power that raised Jesus from the dead dwells in us!! Woo Hoo! We don't have to give up ground He is the victory. I really love you guys and I will meet Cody, one day when you guys come in for a conference. :) OXOX

Unknown said...

We are standing with you two!

khalida said...

Hi loves
We are praying and fasting with you. I am asking bro jim to do prayer time on sunday night for cody;s healing. we are beliving God for his healing. Hold on God and He will hold on you. love you sooooooooooooo. much. khalida

The Zoo said...

I am praying for both of you with all that I have in me.
xo
neisha

Unknown said...

Cody and Amy,

We will all be praying for you. My wife and I, my brother, and my dad and mom. I sent the email to Ruben also for him to pray for you and I will tell as many more people as possible to pray. I will be visiting Jubilee Church on Sunday, so I will tell everyone there about the day of fasting and prayer and I'm sure many more people will join together in prayer.

I love you so much Cody and I am praying for you. Pretty soon Brooke and I will come and visit you.

I love you man.

Your Friend,
Joshua Carvalho